Photo Credit@ Jean L. Hays
Exit the Scoundrel
by Tracey Delaplain
Restless sleep and endless revisions fueled the writer’s annoyance. Mr. Edwards, a minor nondescript character, had disappeared halfway through chapter 13, leaving her with a plot hole, an angry cast and a throbbing headache.
“Your coffee ma’am. A charming man in a cloak sent this over. He said to tell the lady that he rather liked playing the scoundrel, so you’re to protect your dreams tonight.”
Finger on the delete button she replied, “I will not negotiate with a literary terrorist.”
For more 100 word Flash Fiction go here where Rochelle Wisoff-Fields hosts Friday Fictioneers.
Photo Credit @Rochelle Wisoff-Fields
It Should Matter
All the words that would never be said swirled down the drain. My pride went with them; grey and dirty and used. My shame was overshadowed by your reflection in the window. Tousled from the night you spent in my bed, not a hint of remorse, you lit a Marlboro with the monogrammed lighter: your initials intertwined with hers.
I suppose I should have asked. I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised.
Did you lie or did I? I told you it didn’t matter. It does matter but the words are gone now and I hope you’ll go with them.
For more Friday Fictioneers go here.
Holiday Challenge: Dance as if no one is watching.
Having trouble keeping your Maintain Don’t Gain promise? Maybe these strategies will help.
1) Crank up the holiday music and dance as if no one is watching. Close the drapes just in case. If you need dance ideas then watch RuPaul’s Drag Race, those queens have to “Lip sync and dance for their lives”.
2) Put cat food in your jello salad; a calorie bargain. No, I don’t have the recipe but watch “Christmas Vacation” and Aunt Bethany will show you how’s it’s done.
3) Organize a neighborhood “Griswald Christmas 5K” unless your exterior illumination is subpar then jog by yourself and make snide comments about the neighbors’ electrical bills.
4) Bake cookies in a bikini. It keeps others out of the kitchen while you create and it might limit the number of cookies you eat before they go into the oven. Or it could lead to an interesting extra curricular activity that burns calories too. 😉
5) Eat raw cookie dough. The salmonella infection will result in temporary weight loss if you don’t die. (It’s a joke people, don’t send me hate mail and don’t eat raw eggs because Salmonella is not really funny.)
6) Buy the Zombie Run app for your smart phone and RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! Best done at night because fear burns more calories. (You read it here first)
7) Watch “Four Christmases” and then practice your cage fighting moves on your sister.
8) Aerobic gift wrapping. Drink 3 espressos and get’r done. You know that you aren’t even close to finished. Just do it.
9) Take a vow to only eat food that you have harvested or killed with your bare hands. Also known as a Paleo Diet.
10) Learn to ice skate, the outfits are cute. Hello! The Ice Capades are calling!
Photo Credit@Luther Siler
Big Bird Gets the Axe
“Sesame Street’s themes of tolerance and acceptance are outdated and Fox News has approached us with an affiliate agreement that would increase market shares for both organizations. If we start teaching hate in pre-school, we are certain to recruit future Fox viewers. Cruella, please show us your design for Big Bird’s replacement.”