Crispy Zucchini Fritters
• 2 zucchini, shredded
• 1 egg beaten
• 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs or crushed gluten free crackers
• 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
• Add any fresh herb or seasoning that you like. I used oregano, lemon zest, dill, salt and pepper for a Mediterranean flare.
1. Shred zucchini with a food processor or cheese grater.
2. Mix zucchini with remaining ingredients.
3. Form into flat 4-5 inch patties.
4. Heat a griddle or frying pan with coconut or olive oil and fry patties until crispy brown on each side. About 10 minutes.
Serving size is 2 patties
Kcal 255 Carb: 15 gm, Protein: 19 gm, Fat: 14 gm
Weight watchers: 5 points plus
Feel free to substitute any cheese. Blue cheese makes an awesome addition. Add any spices that you like.
Serve warm over a large green salad and a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
I served mine with sautéed beet greens, radishes and
cilantro chipotle humus.