I’ve been on a chickpea kick lately. I keep a can on hand at all times to add protein to my salads. They are also easy to cook in the slow cooker while I’m at the office. Chickpeas are a good source of protein and complex carbohydrate. They hold up well in salads and keep at least a week in the refrigerator when cooked. Try this great salad from Ocean View Kitchen.
Chickpeas are a great source of protein, and this easy chickpea salad is full of great flavor. I love having chickpeas in a salad as it makes any salad more filling. There is a little sweetness from the sauteed red onions with a light lime-herb flavor. Its super easy to throw together, and makes a fresh, protein-packed side dish.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked or 15 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2-inch fresh ginger root, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- salt, pepper to taste
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs (parsley, cilantro), chopped
- green salad to serve
- toppings: dried unsweetened cranberries, toasted almonds, and feta cheese
View original post 83 more words
3 Comments Add yours
Hi, Tracy! Your link didn’t upload properly, and I couldn’t find your “Salmon and Grilled Salsa” post. Can you please try linking again? If you need help, let me know. — Angie@The Novice Gardener
I’m a great surgeon but a challenged blogger. Ha ha. I found the problem and will correct it. Thank you for your patience.
No problem. Glad you could join the fiesta. 🙂