Welcome to the weekend!
I’m joining the party with mouth watering salmon and grilled pineapple salsa. Pass the margaritas please. Thanks to The Novice Gardener for hosting the Fiesta Friday blog party.
I love fish tacos and salmon tacos should be in the Fish Taco Hall of Fame. The salmon in these tacos is marinated in ginger, honey, soy, and garlic chili sauce. The salsa is grilled along side the salmon for a quick and delicious summer meal.
The grilled pineapple is intensely sweet with a smokey char. Blackened onion, red pepper and Serrano chili bring the traditional salsa flavors to the party. The salsa is sweet and spicy. The creamy slaw balances the sweet heat with a cool tang. It’s a flavor explosion in every bite. I served mine with a crisp white wine but a margarita would be fabulous. Savor every bite.
Ginger Salmon Tacos with Grilled Pineapple Salsa
8 corn tortillas
• 2 8 oz salmon fillets, 3-4 oz per person
• 1/4 cup soy
• 2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 teaspoon coriander
• 1 teaspoon garlic chili sauce
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1/2 fresh pineapple cut into rings with rind. Wash well before cutting
• 1 red bell pepper cut into quarters
• 1 red onion sliced in thick rings
• 1/2 Serrano chili, more to taste
• 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
• salt to taste
• 1/4 cup rice vinegar
• 3 cups finely shredded cabbage
• 1/4 cup low fat mayonnaise
• 1/4 cup fat free sour cream
1. Preheat grill
2. Mix marinade and pour over salmon, don’t let it marinade over 30 minutes or the fish will get mushy
3. Mix slaw and set aside
4. Grill fruit and vegetables except the Serrano and cilantro on the grill or in a grilling pan until charred and semi-soft
5. Cut away pineapple rinds. Rough chop the fruit and vegetables. Combine with finely diced Serrano and cilantro. Add salt and vinegar. Set salsa aside.
6. Grill salmon on high with skin side down 7 minutes depending on the thickness. Turn and grill an additional 5 minutes. Flake for tacos, removing all bones carefully
7. Toast tortillas on grill until lightly charred.
8. Assemble taco with salmon, cabbage slaw and pineapple salsa.
14 Comments Add yours
What a collection of wonderful flavours, every part of your recipe looks tasty! Thank you for bringing it to this weeks fiesta Friday ☺️☺️
Thank you Elaine. I hope to post every Friday. Fiesta Friday is a great incentive.
Excellent, it’s great fun every week 🙂
Yummmm, love fish tacos, and with the pineapple salsa it has to be a winner!
Thanks Lorreta. The pineapple is fabulous right off the grill all by itself for dessert.
Mmmm! This looks right up my alley! Very yummy! 😀
Thank you. We eat lots of Alaskan salmon. It’s so good and so good for us.
These recipes make my mouth watering. I love salmon, taco, pineapple and salsa, so you can imagine how excited I am to discover this post of yours. Everything I like in one post, woo hop 🙂
Thank you for sharing, Tracey.
You’re welcome Pang. I love your posts at CircaHappy
Tracey, thanks for bringing these wonderful tacos to Fiesta Friday. I just love them! The salmon, the salsa and the slaw. These are all things I make and feed my family in a regular basis and you just taught me a novel way of doing it. Thanks again!
You are so welcome, Suchitra. At one point last summer I had 100 pounds of line caught Alaskan salmon in my freezer so I had to find new ways to eat it. Although this fish is so delicious that simple recipes have been the best. These tacos were just so fun for a party!
I love fish tacos! Great flavors in this one!!
I stopped by your blog and loved all the amazing flavors in your recipes. Thank you