Welcome to the weekend!
I’m joining the party with mouth watering salmon and grilled pineapple salsa. Pass the margaritas please. Thanks to The Novice Gardener for hosting the Fiesta Friday blog party.
I love fish tacos and salmon tacos should be in the Fish Taco Hall of Fame. The salmon in these tacos is marinated in ginger, honey, soy, and garlic chili sauce. The salsa is grilled along side the salmon for a quick and delicious summer meal.
The grilled pineapple is intensely sweet with a smokey char. Blackened onion, red pepper and Serrano chili bring the traditional salsa flavors to the party. The salsa is sweet and spicy. The creamy slaw balances the sweet heat with a cool tang. It’s a flavor explosion in every bite. I served mine with a crisp white wine but a margarita would be fabulous. Savor every bite.
Ginger Salmon Tacos with Grilled Pineapple Salsa
8 corn tortillas
• 2 8 oz salmon fillets, 3-4 oz per person
• 1/4 cup soy
• 2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1 teaspoon coriander
• 1 teaspoon garlic chili sauce
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1/2 fresh pineapple cut into rings with rind. Wash well before cutting
• 1 red bell pepper cut into quarters
• 1 red onion sliced in thick rings
• 1/2 Serrano chili, more to taste
• 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
• salt to taste
• 1/4 cup rice vinegar
• 3 cups finely shredded cabbage
• 1/4 cup low fat mayonnaise
• 1/4 cup fat free sour cream
1. Preheat grill
2. Mix marinade and pour over salmon, don’t let it marinade over 30 minutes or the fish will get mushy
3. Mix slaw and set aside
4. Grill fruit and vegetables except the Serrano and cilantro on the grill or in a grilling pan until charred and semi-soft
5. Cut away pineapple rinds. Rough chop the fruit and vegetables. Combine with finely diced Serrano and cilantro. Add salt and vinegar. Set salsa aside.
6. Grill salmon on high with skin side down 7 minutes depending on the thickness. Turn and grill an additional 5 minutes. Flake for tacos, removing all bones carefully
7. Toast tortillas on grill until lightly charred.
8. Assemble taco with salmon, cabbage slaw and pineapple salsa.