I have been back from Blogher for five days and I can’t seem to find my blogjo. I’ve been really tired all week. I go through weeks of menopausal insomnia for no apparent reason and this cycle started before the conference and continued this week. I don’t cope well with inadequate sleep. I used to be able to stay awake for 36 hours at a time when I delivered babies but now I need my eight hours or I’m toast. To top off the lack of sleep I had a crap week at work. Seriously, who is mean to their gynecologist? I have metal objects near your lady bits and I control your prescriptions. Why would anyone go out of their way to be nasty to a professional that’s genuinely trying to help them? It’s kind of like being mean to your hair stylist! Hello, she has scissors near your eyes and can cut your bangs off faster than you can say, “oh no you better don’t”. Common sense peeps. Play nice, just saying.
Saucy at Saucy Gander and Margot at Gather and Graze are hosting the party and I didn’t want to let my Fiesta Friday friends down so I whipped up a little pepper popper appetizer to bring to the virtual potluck over at The Novice Gardener. If you are entertaining this weekend then try out these delicious snacks or check out the incredible new recipes at The Novice Gardener. You don’t have to be a food blogger to enjoy the recipes at Fiesta Friday.
How was your week? It’s Friday so please enjoy a little piece of Mexican heaven and an icy cold beverage. I’ve reduced the fat and they are low carb with a spicy kick. I promise you won’t miss the bacon that is usually stuffed in poppers. Take what you need and savor every bite.
Jalapeño Poppers with Sun-Dried Tomatoes LowFat
• 12 jalapeño peppers, cut in half lengthwise. Seeds and ribs removed
• 8 oz reduced fat cream cheese, let soften on the counter for 15 minutes.
• 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
• 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato, packed in oil
1/4 cup green onions chopped
1. Wash and slice peppers. Use gloves to keep your hands from burning. Remove seeds and ribs.
2. Mix remaining ingredients with a fork until combined.
3. Fill each half pepper with a heaping spoonful of cheese mixture.
4. Broil on high until browned on top, about 10 minutes. Watch closely and don’t burn them.
Serving size is 1 pepper
kcal: 31 Carb: 1 gm, Protein: 2 gm , Fat: 2 gm
Weight watchers pp – 1 points