I received these beautiful yellow and green striped delicata winter squashes and pomegranates in my Fall CSA basket. The delicata are petite winter squash that can be used to make perfect little rings to roast and caramelize. The pomegranates are a tangy sweet addition that look gorgeous next to the orange and yellow rings. What a lovely addition to a Halloween dinner and to a virtual party at Fiesta Friday. Stop by and visit The Novice Gardener for a bounty of new Friday recipes. Our hosts this week are Margy @lapetitecasserole and Jhuls@thenotsocreative cook
Caramelized Honey Squash Rings
• 2 small delicate squash
• 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger or fresh grated
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Slice squash into 1/2 inch rings.
3. Drizzle squash with honey and sprinkle on spices.
4. Bake uncovered until golden and caramelized, about 40 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and serve warm.