Asparagus Chèvre Quiche

Asparagus  Chèvre Quiche

Asparagus is in season!
Nestle these lovely gems in a thyme scented chèvre custard for a slice of heaven. This isn’t a low fat recipe but it’s packed with protein and looks impressive at a brunch or on the dinner table. Serve with fresh seasonal fruit and a side of fresh snow peas or greens.
I’m taking my quiche to Fiesta Friday to share with my amazing foodie blog friends. You can find delicious recipes here every week.

Recipe? Who needs a recipe?
Buy or make a tart crust and lay in in a pie dish or tart pan.
Whiz 5-6 organic eggs with 2 ounces of goat cheese, 1/2 cup milk or cream, 2 teaspoon fresh thyme, salt and pepper in the food processor for the custard base. Sauté a thinly sliced red onion until translucent and toss in sliced asparagus but save a few tops to place on top of your quiche before baking for decoration. Shred 4 ounces of sharp cheddar cheese.
Layer onions, asparagus and cheddar cheese in tart crust and pour custard over the veggies and cheese. Decorate top with remaining asparagus tips.
Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes or until set.

Asparagus Spring Quiche

Asparagus Spring Quiche

Asparagus Spring Quiche

1. This looks yummy! I love your garnishes in your images. Thanks for sharing!
    xoxo K

2. Lili says:

Yum!!! Think the next time I make quiche I’ll be throwing in the goat cheese and asparagus. Looks great!!! 🙂

1. Lili,
      Now’s the time with fresh asparagus around.
      Tracey

1. Lili says:

You’re right Tracey! I must seize the moment! 🙂

3. ansumani says:

Looks Delicious! Are there any substitutes for goat cheese?

1. Any cheese would be fine, soft or hard cheese, doesn’t matter. Play with your food.
      Tracey

4. Looks delicious! It’s so nice to see asparagus season here and a quiche is a great way to try it.

1. Yes asparagus means Summer is close.
      🙂
      Tracey

5. Hilda says:

A beautiful spring menu – perfect for a weekend brunch. Your presentation is very inspiring too.

1. Hilda,
      What a lovely thing to say. My plate usually looks like this with fruit and veggies on every thing I eat.
      Tracey

6. Gorgeous…and when you put it like that, it sounds so easy. Happy asparagus season!

1. Happy Friday Stacey. I never really follow a recipe and I get tired of writing recipes on the blog. “Just chop some of this and that and whiz it and bake it and voila!” That’s my kind of recipe.
      Tracey

7. Loretta says:

Great dish and with asparagus in the mix, nothing could go wrong :).

1. Loretta,
      Agreed, asparagus is a star ingredient.
      Be well,
      Tracey

8. What a delicious sounding tart. I just saw your comment on Linda’s blog so I had to come over for a visit. Lovely blog you have here Tracey!

1. Thank you for following the bread crumbs. It’s a messy little blog loosely associated with health and wellness. You’re welcome at any time. The doors open.
      Be well,
      Tracey

9. Amanda says:

Asparagus is such a great vegetable!! I love that you put it in a quiche 🙂

1. Amanda,
      I love fresh asparagus.
      Thanks for stopping by,
      Tracey

10. Stephanie @ The Cozy Cook says:

Dahhhhh…. quiche is my weakness (I’m basically obsessed with all things eggs lately)- I’ll have to add this to my list… nom nom nom! 🙂

1. Great minds think alike. Eggs are perfect protein packs.

11. Lily Lau says:

Love quiches, they’re my weakness! 🙂 Thanks for sharing this recipe, Tracey!

12. My kind of cooking Tracey. Blogging gets in the way of inspired instinctive cooking sometimes. Beautiful menu and presentation.

1. Johanne,
      Heck life gets in the way of life, leaving even less time to write down a recipe. I swear no one really follows a recipe anyway. I just look at the pretty pictures and use them as inspiration. Ha ha
      Tracey

13. Arl's World says:

Love quiche and this looks amazing!