The Last of You, #Friday Fictioneers

image

Photo Credit – EmmyLGant

The Last of You
“The last dregs of you; a few ashes and bone chips left in a ziplock bag.
A shame that you couldn’t enjoy the view in one piece, but it is a Parisian ashtray. Don’t be ungrateful.”

“I didn’t do it just for the money. Although, I suppose I will get used to first class: the champagne and caviar, such a nice touch really.”

“Now Darling, you mustn’t keep me. I have another engagement.”

“What’s that you say?”

“Of course I couldn’t have done it alone, I’m weak and worthless. Isn’t that what you always said?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here are the remains of my Friday Fictioneers offering. I’m a bit dusty having written nothing of substance for two months whilst living in a small Mexican village on the Sea of Cortez. The Internet is sketchy at best so please except my apologies for not posting or commenting. I will be moving my writing to another blog in the near future to separate it from my health blog. Please stay tuned and when it goes live, I hope you’ll follow me@ http://www.traceydelaplainmd.com

For more Friday Fictioneers offerings go here.

imageimage

1. pursuitofanewadventure says:

I love Mexico! How beautiful. Hope you’re enjoying yourself!

1. I’m back in the US for a few months but I’m missing my Mexican home already. Thanks for stopping by, Tracey

2. Tish Farrell says:

Such a cunning tale, Tracey. Great stuff.

3. I wondered where you’d been!! I hope you’ve had a great time x

1. Yes I did! I even liked the break from social media. Although Facebook worked when no other apps would. Thank you Mr. Zuckerberg for connecting every corner of the Universe. I read your posts and I was glad to see you back as well. I just couldn’t comment well.
      Tracey

1. No problem, just good to know you’re okay x

4. Tracey, I’m a bit miffed by the Parisian ashtray bit. Maybe I need more coffee. Otherwise and intriguing tale of murder, I suspect.

1. Why are you miffed about the ashtray? Have some coffee or wine and tell me about your concern for ashtrays. Yes murder and revenge.
      Thanks,
      Tracey

1. Two glasses of wine later …. ?

5. Dear Tracey,

Great to see you back.
    I’ll admit that I’m a bit confused. Is this two people talking? Or is it the murderer speaking to the bones of the victim? If it’s one person then you only need quotation marks at the beginning and end of the piece.

Shalom,

Rochelle

1. Hi Rochelle,
      It’s one crazy murderer. I tried it with one set of quotations but I wanted to show her hesitate as if she thought the ashes were talking back. I took a chance, I’m a rebel. Glad to be back and writing. Thank you for the input.
      I’m really missing my outdoor lap pool since it snowed here today in Nevada.
      Tracey

6. ansumani says:

It’s been a long time since I read something from you. Beautiful pics…looks like an idlyllic life down in Mexico. Good monologue.

1. I’m so glad you noticed my absence. I missed you guys.
      Thanks,
      Tracey

7. Mike says:

Has madness taken her over, an interesting take on the photo.

1. You might say that. Thanks for reading.

8. plaridel says:

what? she’s talking to herself again? hurry, she needs help.

1. Technically the ashes are speaking too but we can’t hear (read) them. Who’s crazy now?
      Thanks for reading,
      Tracey

9. You actually made me feel sorry for that guy. Actually I think that guy might be me, but I would stop short of murder and probably leave it as a really strong, aggressive “got your nose!” Well written as always, you’re back in the saddle!

1. Death through slap shtick? I like it. Yes, I’m apparently back on top of things. btw I escaped MX without a tat.
      Thanks for stopping by,
      Tracey

10. draliman says:

I hope she comes back to visit “him”, she seems to be having a nice chat 🙂 Though I guess he’ll be in a landfill fairly soon.
    I’m imagining her with slightly crazy eyes…
    Great story!

11. Sandra says:

She seems quite contented with her lot now. Nicely done. And happy homecoming – I enjoyed your photos on FB.

1. Yes, a fat life insurance policy does soften the “lose”. Thank you. I have mixed feelings about being home so I’m taking a vacation next week. Aloha Tracey

1. She seems to think so.
      Thanks for stopping by, Tracey

12. Nice writing, but I’m a bit confused. Is it one person speaking? Wouldn’t it then just be one set of speech marks with pauses in between?

1. Rochelle agrees with you. I tried it both ways and decided that this way made it seem as though she was responding to remarks from the ashes. I took a risk with the format. Thank you for your input. I love it. Of course you are both correct.

13. rgayer55 says:

You must be careful when talking to ashes, they may start talking back. Going first class? Wow, he must have had some life insurance policy.

So why are you in Mexico? You’re not on the lam, are you?

1. Im sure the ashes are speaking to her. Please try to keep up – I am no longer in Mexico and I wasn’t in witness protection like you might have heard. I am on my way to Hawaii and Spain. However I believe that I did meet a former CIA agent hiding in MX at the expat bar. Stay tuned, I think there’s a story there if I don’t get “disappeared”. 😳

1. rgayer55 says:

You globetrotters move fast. One of the things I love about traveling is that I always get a story out of the misadventure.

2. Yes, I have stories. Now pen to paper. There’s the rub.

14. mjlstories says:

Good story – you can have listening sentient ashes any time you like as far as I’m concerned – it’ all keeps us in our toes!
    But what I’m really hoping is that Mr Edwards will pop up down there in Mexico and jump onto (and off) the page – my own theory about your temporary absence was you’d run away with him.

1. Oooo, I like it. The author running away with the “literary terrorist”. A small town in Mexico might be the perfect get away. It is a magical place with lovely people.
      Thanks for reading.
      Tracey

15. Amy Reese says:

Murder and revenge. That’s an excellent way to come back! I’ve missed you, Tracey. Those pictures are absolutely gorgeous. I’ve enjoyed them all on Facebook. x

1. Thanks Amy. I’ve missed my Fictioneers!

16. athling2001 says:

Too me two reads to understand but I liked that the story made me stop and think. Great job!

17. Weak and worthless.
    Love it!

1. Some words can’t be taken back. It didn’t work out so well for him.

18. Hearing about ash and bones in Parisian settings make me think of crazy terrorists…

1. Just one angry housewife this time.

19. What stunning photos. It looks gorgeous there.

1. The desert meets the sea here. Very beautiful indeed.

20. Beautiful scenery in Mexico, Tracey. I understood the dialog as one person, the murderer. it sounds like she’s gone over the edge. Well done. —- Suzanne

1. Yes, murder can do that to a girl. Thanks Suzanne.

21. rosemawrites says:

oh. this is mad. and morbid.

[@rosemawrites] from